EuroVelo 19, a multifaceted route of 1000 km along the Meuse from its source at the foot of the Langes plateau, to its mouth in the North Sea. In the Ardennes Massif, you’ll follow the river to discover an authentic, surprising and magical region.
From the French Ardennes to the Belgian Ardennes
Over about 200km, discover a magnificent stretch of the EV19 between the French Ardennes and the Belgian Ardennes. You'll find a variety of landscapes in the Meuse valley and a wealth of heritage to discover. Follow the Meuse on the Trans-Ardennes greenway in France and on the RAVeL network in Belgium, along the old towpaths. Enjoy the natural, unspoiled and scenic landscapes of the Meuse valley and discover the towns and picturesque villages and their unique heritage: Mouzon, Sedan, Charleville-Mézières, Givet, Dinant and Namur.
Follow the Meuse: the Trans-Ardennes greenway will take you from Mouzon to Sedan with its Château Fort, then to Charleville-Mézières with its Place Ducale. After Charleville, you’ll enter the Massif de l’Ardenne. Scale the heights to admire the landscapes.
- Abbey church and guided tours of the small, picturesque city of Mouzon
- Sedan Castle, the largest castle in Europe
- Place Ducale de Charleville-Mézières with guided tours
- Arthur Rimbaud Museum and the Maison des Ailleurs in Charleville-Mézières
- Ardennes Museum in Charleville-Mézières
- Cliffs, statue, viewpoint of the 4 Sons of Aymon in Bogny-sur-Meuse
- Metallurgy Museum in Bogny-sur-Meuse
- Viewpoint of ‘La Roche at Sept Heures’; the Pearl of the Ardennes, Monthermé
Find out more
You are in the heart of the Ardennes Massif. By following the Trans-Ardennes greenway, you’ll travel through this land of forests and legends with a rich industrial past. Take the new section of the Chooz loop and you’ll wind up on the doorstep of France in Givet.
- Cliffs of the Dames de Meuse in Laifour
- Spanish house – Musée du Vieux Revin
- TerrAltitude Park in Fumay
- Roman Camp and Saint Ermel collegiate church at Vireux-Molhain
- Hierges Castle
- Medieval town of Givet
- Le Charlemagne river cruise
- Charlemont, citadel of Givet
Find ot more
After Givet, continue in Belgium on the RAVeL network, the old railway line, until Dinant and its citadel. Continue along the Meuse valley while admiring the Gardens of Annevoie. Then, Namur, Capital of Wallonia with its Citadel and its historic city centre.
- Castle and Gardens of Freyr – Waulsort
- Citadel and cable car of Dinant
- Meuse medieval heritage house – Bouvignes
- Ile d’Yvoir – Yvoir
- Annevoie Water Gardens – Annevoie
- Viewpoint of the Seven Meuses – Rivière
- Citadel of Namur – Namur
- Provincial Museum Félicien Rops – Namur